Hello readers! I have returned! My apologies that I have been away for awhile - was it really October? *blush* The end of 2010 brought some urgency to SIMPLIFY - daily activities, personal belongings, etc. in order to start 2011 off on the right foot. I took a well needed break from blogging, reading blogs, and being online in search of overall balance. So far, so good!
Some positive commitments I have made so far are:
1) I've changed my eating habits (eliminated soda and lost 3 pounds so far)
2) I've made more dedicated time for my daughter during the day
3) I'm planning on setting up some TRUE date nights with my husband
4) I have some exciting developments in my work life - I still will remain a stay-at-home mom, but have found something that will allow me to contribute monetarily to my family. Stay tuned as I will share more in a later post...very, very soon!
5) I've identified craft projects that have been started but never finished (we all have some of those, right?!?)
6) I've promised myself not to accumulate or buy any new or unnecessary craft supplies until I've depleted my current supply (seriously, I could open up my own shop tomorrow)
At the end of 2010, we sorted and purged through most of our boxes and totes in storage and happily donated ten (10) boxes and fourteen (14) huge bags of miscellaneous items to people in need. Boy did that feel wonderful! And we're still not done - we have about ten to fifteen boxes to still sort through.
Have you set some goals for yourself this year? Maybe you've chosen one little word...if so, do you care to share? As they say, if you put it out there either by saying it or writing it down, the more likely you are to COMMIT to that goal. Cheers to a good start for everyone to a fabulous new year and thanks for staying with me through my blog break - I appreciate you!
(Images courtesy of Ali Edwards, Big Picture Classes and Lisa Leonard)