Saturday, January 15, 2011

In a Blog Fog...

Hello readers! I have returned! My apologies that I have been away for awhile - was it really October? *blush* The end of 2010 brought some urgency to SIMPLIFY - daily activities, personal belongings, etc. in order to start 2011 off on the right foot. I took a well needed break from blogging, reading blogs, and being online in search of overall balance. So far, so good!

Ali Edwards sponsors these wonderful Big Picture Classes for scrapbookers. One of the workshops is called 'One Little Word'. From her blog, she explains, "A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow. From my own personal experience, it can be a catalyst for enriching your life." Following her lead, the word I have selected for 2011 is COMMIT. This year is about challenging myself to make good choices about opportunities that are presented to me, commit to them and follow them through to completion. The rule of thumb states it takes 21 days (3 weeks) to develop a behavior into a habit. Lisa Leonard designs beautiful jewelry and offers a simple but gorgeous necklace (pictured below) that could serve as a wonderful reminder of your chosen word. Please check out Lisa's shop and blog for more inspiration and a glimpse into her world and the love she shares.



Some positive commitments I have made so far are:

1) I've changed my eating habits (eliminated soda and lost 3 pounds so far)
2) I've made more dedicated time for my daughter during the day
3) I'm planning on setting up some TRUE date nights with my husband
4) I have some exciting developments in my work life - I still will remain a stay-at-home mom, but have found something that will allow me to contribute monetarily to my family. Stay tuned as I will share more in a later post...very, very soon!
5) I've identified craft projects that have been started but never finished (we all have some of those, right?!?)
6) I've promised myself not to accumulate or buy any new or unnecessary craft supplies until I've depleted my current supply (seriously, I could open up my own shop tomorrow)

At the end of 2010, we sorted and purged through most of our boxes and totes in storage and happily donated ten (10) boxes and fourteen (14) huge bags of miscellaneous items to people in need. Boy did that feel wonderful! And we're still not done - we have about ten to fifteen boxes to still sort through.

Have you set some goals for yourself this year? Maybe you've chosen one little word...if so, do you care to share? As they say, if you put it out there either by saying it or writing it down, the more likely you are to COMMIT to that goal. Cheers to a good start for everyone to a fabulous new year and thanks for staying with me through my blog break - I appreciate you!

(Images courtesy of Ali Edwards, Big Picture Classes and Lisa Leonard)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Nice post! I'm sitting down at my computer this morning trying to figure out were to begin on my blog. I have had lots of those same feelings and have taken a blogging break myself. Just feeling overwhelmed and wanting to be a better organized person and not giving up so easily. I love the word you have chosen. COMMIT.
I think that is definetly a goal I would like to strive for this new year! Thanks for this encouraging post! Look forward to hearing about your exciting news.
Have a blessed day.
Elizabeth

everyday inspirations said...

Thanks for the kind comment Elizabeth! Good for you with taking some time to search for what is truly important to you...it took me a while to sort things out, but 2011 has inspired me to push ahead! Enjoyed visiting your blog - you, your sister and mom are quite the talented team! Love it - AND found some new etsy shops to visit :) Thanks for stopping by!

OlderPostsTX