Wednesday, January 20, 2010

29-Day Giving Challenge



Alright my friends - you all know I love to read and I just inhaled this book, 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life by Cami Walker. This book was excellent and a Christmas present from the hubs (thanks sweetie) - I read a little each night and finished it in under five days. I became inspired by the author, her life and her trials and triumphs along the way. She has reintroduced the idea of altruistic giving and the true act of selflessness. She helped me identify that I should try to mindfully give and focus more on the act itself.

Personally, I am a random act of kindness person; I prefer to give behind the scenes and catch someone by surprise much more than be recognized about doing it...neither is wrong, it's a personal preference...hey, at least you're giving of yourself. When I do come face to face with someone or interact after my act, I do try to say just 'pay it forward' after they have thanked me. What a wonderful place the world would be if everyone just practiced that selfless act of giving of themselves.

I'm headed over to Cami's site to see what other inspirational stories are out there and highly recommend you read her book - it's well worth your time. You can find it here on Amazon or any bookstore you may frequent. Visit some of the other sites found in my left sidebar under ::: NICE MATTERS ::: for ideas of how to give of yourself to others and tap into your own generosity. Peace and blessings to you all!

*A portion of the sales of her books is donated to MS research. Another great reason to purchase it - help eradicate this life altering disease.

(Image courtesy the 29Gifts.org)

1 comment:

Darlene said...

This is a great reminder. Thanks.

OlderPostsTX