Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandma!!!



So, today was my Grandma's birthday...my only living grandparent. How old is she you ask? Well, she's 98. Yup. And get this...she still lives alone, bakes every week and has a mind that is as sharp as a tack. Today we went to visit Grandma and spent some time with her - it was great! We brought her some flowers and a card and thoroughly enjoyed our time with her.

I feel very blessed that my daughter (her great-granddaughter) is able to know her and interact with her. Together, their ages are over 100 years - a century of experience between the two of them :) Can you imagine what someone 98 years old has lived through in a lifetime? My grandmother immigrated here at a young age and her mother passed away early leaving her to help raise the family.

Oh the stories we have heard - she is one tough cookie! Stories I plan to pass down to my daughter as we page through the photos in our albums. Tomorrow, be sure to spend some time with an elderly relative that you may not have seen in quite some time. I'm sure they will enjoy the visit and as they say, there's no time like the present.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That is so fabulous that you have a grandparent still and 98.. WOW! My husband's grandma is 96 and still does everything independently (except driving). It is so important to take the time to visit. I agree 100%. My husband's grandma is in Arkansas. We are in CA. It is an annual trip; but well worth it. The stories they tell are amazing! Love your blog. Super cool...

OlderPostsTX