Saturday, January 23, 2010

Say Hello to My Little Friend...


...the Dirt Devil Swift Stick Vacuum. {Please know, I get no compensation or payment for doing this, but I must review this vac since it's been so handy!} I received this for Christmas this year and I am loving it for everyday little pickups. It's easy to use, lightweight, quick and not too noisy. The suction could be (a little) better; however, it picks up the crumbs my three year old tends to accumulate under/around/on her chair after meal times and that is what we wanted it for instead of lugging out the heavy-duty vacuum regularly. The on-board tool fit a bit looser than what was pictured on the box also. On the plus side, the vac was easy to assemble and very easy to clean. A lower button releases all your 'junk' into your garbage can and there are no filters to buy either (they do sell a replacement cartridge, but it's not one that you need to change out every few weeks like a regular vac bag/filter). The chamber and filter are very easy to clean once the dust builds up - regular cleaning does allow the vac to perform a bit better. So overall, I would have to say I give this little guy a B rating.

Mine was purchased for me at Bed, Bath and Beyond...remember, with their store coupons they run (20% off or $5 off a specific amount), you can save a little change. Be sure to read this VERY interesting post about the coupons - you won't be sorry! What's your favorite quick clean tool in your closet?

(Image courtesy Dirt Devil via Bed, Bath and Beyond)

2 comments:

Dainty Couture said...

I'm so glad to see your review on this cute vac! I got a Shark cordless vac and think it does a decent job - it could use LOT more suction. It does entertain my children while I cook and do the dishes and by entertainment I mean they are chasing each other through the kitchen with the vacuum or fighting over it. :)

The Stylish House said...

I appreciate an honest product review such as this! I have a stairs and get tired of lugging my big vac up and down. I've been thinking of getting something light, so I will take a look at this.
Also thank you for entering my blogiversary PB giveaway. Good Luck!!!
Cathy

OlderPostsTX