Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Beautiful Idea

My heart goes a flutter when I find great sites like these...how wonderful that these are out there! And thank goodness for people like Evie Shaffer, aka evie s. Be sure to check out her sites when you have a chance.

Here's a summary of A Beautiful Idea:


ABOUT ::
My name is Evie Shaffer, and I’m an artist. I blog about beautiful things, crafts, and inspiration and also run an etsy shop.

As an artist, I’ve struggled with the “why” behind the creative urges I have — to be used for something more than myself or for profits. I’ve longed for a greater purpose. I know I am not the only artist who feels this way. That’s why I created A Beautiful Idea.

As a friend of mine said it so perfectly, “how can God use artists to meet real needs in practical ways? Cuz my creative gifts seem futile up against a hurting world. Help!”

My hope and prayer is that A Beautiful Idea will motivate artists to use their gifts to change the world.

HOW IT WORKS ::
Artists partner with A Beautiful Idea and create a product(s). They sell it and donate the money to our current charity via A Beautiful Idea’s donation center. It is really that simple.

If you are an artist, create. If you are an art lover, support A Beautiful Idea by buying our artists’ products, donating to our current charity, and spreading the word.

As she notes on her site...

That's a HUGE impact! Thanks for your vision Evie - we wish you only great success.

(Images and summary content courtesy of A Beautiful Idea)

No comments:

OlderPostsTX